Diddy’s attorney hinted as to why he dramatically stepped away from the music mogul’s case
SEAN “Diddy” Combs’ lawyer has sensationally quit the music mogul’s legal team plunging the rapper into a new crisis.
Anthony Ricco issued a mysterious statement saying he “cannot continue”.
Sean “Diddy” Combs’ lawyer has quit the rapper’s legal teamCredit: AP
Anthony Ricco issued a mysterious statement as he quitCredit: AP
A courtroom sketch of Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs and attorney Anthony Ricco at a federal court hearing on October 10, 2024Credit: Reuters
Ricco issued a surprise motion to withdraw from counsel on Friday in New York.
The lawyer’s message to the court included a cryptic message hinting at why he dropped Diddy.
His motion said: “Although I have provided Sean Combs with the high level of legal representation expected by the court, under no circumstances can I continue to effectively serve as counsel for Sean Combs.”
Ricco added: “There are sufficient reasons (related to the protections afforded by the attorney/client privilege) for brevity in my application for withdrawal as counsel in this case”.
Diddy is due to start his trial on sex trafficking and racketeering charges in May.
The rapper denies all the allegations against him.
Ricco also said he spoke with the disgraced rapper’s lead counsel, Mark Agnifilo, before filing the motion.
The famed rapper is accused of abusing several women and leading Bad Boy Records as a “criminal enterprise” for more than a decade.
He has pleaded not guilty to these charges but could face life in prison if he is convicted on all counts.
Several people have filed indictments against the rapper.
Diddy was previously charged with subjecting “Victim-1” to sex trafficking, who is believed to be his former girlfriend, singer Casandra Ventura, also known as Cassie.
Federal prosecutors then added “Victim-2” and “Victims-3” to his bombshell case.
Lead counsel Marc Agnifilo claimed the shocking update was “flawed”.
He said: “The latest Indictment contains no new offenses. The prosecution’s theory remains flawed.”
SICK ORDERS
Diddy was also hit with a lawsuit from his former assistant Phillip Pines.
Pines claimed the rapper once ordered him to have sex with a girl to prove his loyalty to the “king”.
Diddy could face life in prison if he is convicted on all countsCredit: AFP
‘Victim-1’ in the federal lawsuit against Diddy is believed to be his former girlfriend CassieCredit: Getty
Diddy’s downfall
By The U.S. Sun’s Senior Reporter Forrest McFarland, who has been reporting on Diddy’s legal battles for years
BEFORE Sean “Diddy” Combs’ arrest in September, it was highly speculated that the rap star would find himself in custody after he was repeatedly hit with disturbing accusations – and had two of his mansions raided by the feds.
His mounting legal troubles finally came to a head on September 17, when he was charged with three federal counts, including sex trafficking, for allegedly forcing victims to take part in drug-fueled sex parties he called “Freak Offs.”
Hours before his arrest, The U.S. Sun exclusively revealed the feds investigating Combs were secretly liaising with Tupac Shakur murder prosecutors on gangland activities.
The development also came after Combs was named 77 times in documents submitted by prosecutors in the Tupac murder case.
Aside from the Tupac probe, Combs was already facing a slew of lawsuits, including one he settled with his ex, Cassie Ventura, after she accused him of rape and abuse.
Disturbing hotel surveillance video from 2016 showed Combs chasing Cassie down and then punching, kicking, and beating her in a hallway.
Two months earlier, in March 2024, two of Combs’ mansions were raided by federal investigators, who seized three AR-15s, drugs, and 1,000 bottles of lube which were part of his “Freak Off” supplies.
In addition to his federal criminal charges, Combs also faces a handful of lawsuits with allegations of sexual assault, harassment, and sex trafficking dating back to the early 1990s.
Music producer Rodney “Lil Rod” Jones filed one suit in February 2024, claiming Combs forced him to hire sex workers and participate in sex acts while he worked on his latest album.
Combs has denied any wrongdoing and pleaded not guilty to the federal sex trafficking charges against him, but his battle is far from over.
He faces life in prison if he’s convicted on all counts.
The ex-assistant claimed he was made to do this a one of Diddy’s notorious “Freak Off” parties
He made these claims in a gut-wrenching documentary titled “The Fall of Diddy”.
Pines accused the disgraced music icon of sexual battery, sexual harassment and other claims in a lawsuit.
PRISON WOES
The rapper has reportedly faced several issues while locked up.
Diddy was reportedly rushed to hospital at around 10pm on February 1.
Doctors completed an MRI scan on Combs after he complained his “knee was bothering him”, a source said.
Combs has had a long history of knee issues in the past which started after he ran the New York marathon.
Diddy is currently being kept at the Metropolitan Detention Center in BrooklynCredit: Mega
Diddy with Kim Porter with their twin daughters D’Lila and Jessie at ‘The Real White Party’ in 2007Credit: Getty
After routine tests at the hospital, he was reportedly transported back to jail and marched to his cell.
Diddy allegedly also appeared astonishingly thinner and grey at a recent court hearing after four months in federal custody.
He is also thought to have had a Christmas meltdown in jail as he couldn’t believe he was still behind bars over the festive period.
The music mogul reportedly begged guards to be taken to a prison hospital for observation – claiming he believed he was suffering a breakdown.
Guards at Brooklyn’s Metropolitan Detention Center refused Diddy’s bizarre request, according to a source close to the rapper.
Diddy at an event on May 01, 2023, in New York CityCredit: Getty
Alicia Keys, Swizz Beatz, Beyonce, Jay-Z, Kanye West, Kim Kardashian, Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs and Cassie at a 2016 MTV Video Music Awards after partyCredit: Getty
News
“Jesse Watters and Wife Emma DiGiovine Shock Fans with Surprise Baby News—Meet Their New Baby Girl and the Heartwarming Story Behind the Announcement!”
Fox’s Jesse Watters and wife Emma DiGiovine glow as they welcome new baby girl to the world FOX News host Jesse Watters and his wife Emma DiGiovine…
Linda Robson broke down in tears, saying she would DIE TOGETHER with her best friend Pauline Quirke on live television, leaving everyone stunned. What happened?
Linda Robson has spoken publicly about the heartbreaking dementia diagnosis of her long-time friend and Birds of a Feather co-star, Pauline Quirke. Last month, Pauline’s husband, Steve…
Pete Wicks Admits He ‘Cried Several Times’ Filming Emotional New Rescue Dog Series – The HEARTWARMING Moments That Left Him in TEARS!
‘They have transformed my life for the better’ Star of Strictly Pete Wicks admitted he “cried several times” while filming his new documentary, Pete Wicks: For Dogs’ Sake. A lover…
Gino D’Acampo just stirred up social networks with his FIRST POST after being fired from ITV
Celebrity chef and TV star Gino D’Acampo has been accused of sexual misconduct as over 40 people have come forward amid his alleged wrongdoing A defiant Gino D’Acampo has…
This Morning presenter prepares to become homeless, family home worth £4m about to disappear
The This Morning presenter lives in Richmond with his wife and children This Morning star Ben Shephard lives less than 30 minutes away from the ITV studios, in a beautiful home…
Stacey Solomon in tears and forced to walk off camera as Sort Your Life Out fans say ‘LIFE IS CRUEL’
Stacey Solomon had to step away from the camera, overwhelmed with emotion, while filming her show ‘Sort Your Life Out’ as she assisted a family from Leeds in decluttering their…
End of content
No more pages to load