Prince Harry is offering an olive branch to Royal Family with Invictus Games invite – but not getting much response
Prince Harry is offering an olive branch to Royal Family with Invictus Games invite – but not getting much response
Prince Harry is attempting to repair the relationship with his family by extending a special invitation to them while he is in London, sources have claimed.
Prince Harry to attend Invictus Games alone during UK visit
However, no senior members of the royal family are expected at the event at St Paul’s Cathedral on Wednesday.
His sister-in-law Kate Middleton is currently undergoing cancer treatment away from the public eye, and Harry remains estranged from his older brother, Prince William.
As Page Six previously revealed, Harry, 39, has not spoken to his brother, 41, for more than a year in the wake of his bombshell memoir, “Spare.”
A well-placed London socialite who knows the brothers confirmed that Harry had invited William — as well as other members of the royal family — to the event to honor the veterans charity he founded.
It’s still unknown whether Harry will see his father, King Charles, who is also undergoing cancer treatment. Buckingham Palace would not comment on private meetings.
Meghan Markle’ relationship with the UK still very much ‘under strain”
As we reported, Charles is expected to invite Harry and wife Meghan Markle to Balmoral castle in Scotland this summer so he can see his grandchildren Archie, 4, and 2-year-old Lilibet.
As the Telegraph reported, on Wednesday — the day of Harry’s event — Charles will have his weekly audience with UK Prime Minister Rishi Sunak before attending the first Buckingham Palace garden party of the season, medical advice pending.
He is also understood to have a packed diary next week. It’s expected Harry will not travel to the UK until after Archie’s birthday celebrations; the young prince turns 5 on Monday.
Still, we are told, Harry has invited his family to the event celebrating a decade of his charity which helps wounded servicemen and women.
It’s still unknown whether his cousins — Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie, and Zara Phillips, all of whom he remains close to — will attend the celebrations.
Harry will be staying in a hotel in London, as he no longer has a UK home after being asked to give up Frogmore Cottage on the Windsor estate.
He will be without Markle. Later this month, the couple, without their children, will fly to Nigeria for a tour in connection with the Invictus Games.
There had been rumours the Sussexes would take cameras with them to Africa for a new Netflix project, but Page SIx is told the trip will not be recorded.
King Charles ‘feels a connection’ to cancer patients
Markle, 42, revealed in 2022 that she had discovered she was “43% Nigerian” after doing a genealogy test.
The couple were invited to the West African country by Chief of Defense Staff General Christopher Gwabin Musa.
The cost of their security is set to be paid for by the government of Nigeria, according to reports.
While in Nigeria they are expected to meet with officials, veterans and athletes participating in the Invictus Games.
The Sussexes’ itinerary is said to include visits to military rehabilitation centers and sports facilities, as well as meetings with local organizations working to support veterans’ welfare.
Originally published as Prince Harry is offering an olive branch to Royal Family with Invictus Games invite – but not getting much response
News
“Jesse Watters and Wife Emma DiGiovine Shock Fans with Surprise Baby News—Meet Their New Baby Girl and the Heartwarming Story Behind the Announcement!”
Fox’s Jesse Watters and wife Emma DiGiovine glow as they welcome new baby girl to the world FOX News host Jesse Watters and his wife Emma DiGiovine…
Linda Robson broke down in tears, saying she would DIE TOGETHER with her best friend Pauline Quirke on live television, leaving everyone stunned. What happened?
Linda Robson has spoken publicly about the heartbreaking dementia diagnosis of her long-time friend and Birds of a Feather co-star, Pauline Quirke. Last month, Pauline’s husband, Steve…
Pete Wicks Admits He ‘Cried Several Times’ Filming Emotional New Rescue Dog Series – The HEARTWARMING Moments That Left Him in TEARS!
‘They have transformed my life for the better’ Star of Strictly Pete Wicks admitted he “cried several times” while filming his new documentary, Pete Wicks: For Dogs’ Sake. A lover…
Gino D’Acampo just stirred up social networks with his FIRST POST after being fired from ITV
Celebrity chef and TV star Gino D’Acampo has been accused of sexual misconduct as over 40 people have come forward amid his alleged wrongdoing A defiant Gino D’Acampo has…
This Morning presenter prepares to become homeless, family home worth £4m about to disappear
The This Morning presenter lives in Richmond with his wife and children This Morning star Ben Shephard lives less than 30 minutes away from the ITV studios, in a beautiful home…
Stacey Solomon in tears and forced to walk off camera as Sort Your Life Out fans say ‘LIFE IS CRUEL’
Stacey Solomon had to step away from the camera, overwhelmed with emotion, while filming her show ‘Sort Your Life Out’ as she assisted a family from Leeds in decluttering their…
End of content
No more pages to load